“Don’t Ruin Your Otherwise Flawless Outfit By Wearing A Wrong Bra”
Regardless of how elegantly you dress up with flawless make up, if you are wearing a wrong size bra, you’ll never be able to create the impact. It will ruin the outer appearance of your otherwise wow outfit. For this, you should very well be aware of how to measure your bust size and bra cup size. Follow this step by step guide on how to measure your bra cup size and bust size to ensure a perfect fit. To measure and to find which bra is perfect, you need a measuring tape and your best-fitting bra (preferably an underwire, not a minimizer or sports bra).
- How To Measure Your Band Size – After wearing your bra, take a snug measurement around your ribcage, directly under your bust and level all around. If you get an odd number, round it up to the next even number.
- How To Measure Your Bust Size – Use the measuring tape to measure loosely around the fullest part of your bust by keeping the tape level equal to your body. If it is required, round it up to the nearest inch.
- How To Measure Your Bra Cup Size – Subtract your band size from your bust size. The difference can be used to find your cup size on the bra size chart.
If you’re not able to calculate using the above-mentioned measurement process, you can calculate using this bra size calculator.
WHAT IS MEANT BY BRA SIZING?
Bra sizing can sometimes create a lot of confusion. A female body constantly undergoes change either through weight loss, weight gain, pregnancy, nursing and aging. It’s no wonder that every second woman is wearing the wrong size bra. Our expert at Pink Ribbon is on a mission to bring about the change by providing personalized, professional and discreet fittings for breast cancer survivors. We have in store myriad of post-mastectomy products that cater to the need of the women after they have undergone any type of breast surgery, including radical mastectomy to reconstruction.
HOW DO BRA SIZES WORK?
Unfortunately, a great number of women wear the wrong sized bra and don’t have the slightest idea about the same. With age, the size of our busts and overall physique undergoes several changes. From puberty to pregnancy and from breast cancer to mastectomy, a women body undergoes several changes. The change is OK and it should be accepted wholeheartedly but instead of wearing the same old bra, one should keep adjusting the bra size.
The working of the bra size largely varies from brand to brand. There are available so many brands and each brand has its own bra size chart. Therefore, while buying the bra from a new brand you should be extra careful. The best recommendation in such case is to know your exact size prior leaving the house to shop.
HOW TO FIND YOUR EXACT BRA SIZE?
The above mentioned ways on how to measure your bust size and bra cup size can help you in determining the perfect fit. Based on the calculations, you can get for yourself the perfect bra. While you go shopping for bras, simply don’t focus on the number and outer appearance. There’s a lot more in a bra that needs your focus before you make the final choice.
Factors that help you in getting the perfect fit include
- Bra Cups – To cover the breasts in a much better way.
- Underwire – To give better support to the busts.
- Straps – To wrap the cups closely to your body.
- Band – To ensure your breasts stay firm in their place.
THE BENEFITS OF A PROFESSIONAL BRA FITTING
Our staff of licensed and professional fitters has years of expertise in fittings of breast forms, mastectomy bras, post-surgical camisoles, swimsuits, lymphedema sleeves, and other mastectomy apparel. They understand how quickly and easily get you into a better fitting bra. This all follows up with each other – Once we get to know you, your body type, your breast shape, your budget and your style preference.
USEFUL TIPS TO WEAR THE BRA IN THE BEST WAY
- Before wearing a bra, slightly lean forward. Now wear the bra and hook it up. Thereafter, check whether or not your breasts are secured inside.
- While wearing the bra, make sure to keep the back and front of the bra at the same level.
- If your bra happens to bulge out of the bra, this means that you are not wearing the right bra.
- Your bra should not be too loose. But at the same time, the total space underneath the bra should not be more than a single finger of yours.
- Never rely on the tightest hooks at the time of purchase. The perfect bra is the one that fits you in when hooked in the outermost hook.
The adhesive breast forms have a cup that sticks to the breast. This bra comes without straps or bands. This type of bra is perfect for outfits that are hard to wear, such as low back dresses or plunging necklines. A proper adhesive bra stays with you always and keeps your breast in place. Adhesive bras provide coverage and shaping rather than lift, for this reason, they are best suitable for small to average cup sizes.
Wearing a perfectly fit bra is highly significant and it should not be taken lightly. If your breasts are safe and secure, you’ll automatically fit confident. Now when you know how to measure your bust size, from the size of the band to the size of the cup – everything will make a difference. We hope the above mentioned guide on how to measure your bra cup size would be helpful for you in overcoming this dilemma.
At Pink Ribbon, our selection cannot be beaten. We have in store every major brand of breast forms which lets you fit accurately to perfection. We also have hundreds of bra styles that work for you to meet and exceed your personal requests.